Weeknight Beef Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps
Mix up your weeknight dinners with this fun dish! It's inexpensive and quick to prepare. Try it this week!
This recipe is courtesy of Creme Catering.
- 1 lb local organic ground beef [BUY GROUND BEEF HERE]
- 6 small spring onions, whites roughly chopped + greens cut into 1" pieces
- 3 T green garlic paste
- 6 T organic gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ c local raw honey
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 t toasted sesame oil
- 1 T white sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 head local leaf lettuce, root removed and leaves separated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place ground beef in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
To make the bulgogi marinade, place the whites of the spring onions and the next 4 ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and a big pinch of black pepper.
Drizzle ground beef with just enough marinade to coat and mix well to combine. Reserve remaining marinade for later use.
Let beef marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat a large well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add sesame oil and cook beef on all sides until evenly browned. Add scallions and taste and adjust seasoning by adding more salt or pepper if needed.
Garnish with sesame seeds and wrap bulgogi in lettuce and eat alongside Korean side dishes.