Cook for Deli and Food Truck
We are a full service butcher shop with only our meat from our farm. Beef, pork and chicken are all custom cut fresh. We also carry products from other local farmers that are committed to producing quality, clean, nutrient-rich products. Our store is open Monday-Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm.
We are seeking an experienced, creative Chef/Cook to join our team of professionals in our Deli/Butcher Shop/Grocery.
- Prepare food of consistent quality for our deli
- Bring creativity to work, helping us expand our selections of soups, pre-made entrees and sides
- Proper documentation on all food containers in storage and retail
- Be in rotation with fellow team members on operating our food truck either in our parking lot or at events
- Help (like all staff members) keep work areas clean
- Some experience in cooking/food prep, preferably in a retail or food truck environment, but this is a great position for someone wanting to learn
- Clear understanding of ingredients and how to follow recipes
- Ability to use kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, especially hygiene standards and correctly washing/storing of kitchen utensils
- Experience driving a food truck or box truck a plus
- Able to carry items up to approximately fifty pounds
- Good communication skills with team members and with customers, including ability to discuss food enthusiastically with customers
- Creative, courteous, patient, and friendly, as repeat customers are important to our business
How to apply:
Email resume to email@example.com, or drop it off at our store during business hours. No phone calls, please.
About Smokin’ Oaks Organic Farms:
The Head family raises all the animals and all the feed with complete traceability on a multi-generational farm in Robertson County. In the butcher shop meats are available in all cuts and sizes. Experienced staff help customers choose new and familiar items plus offer recipe suggestions. The grocery offers a full range of products sourced from like-minded and ethical farms, including seasonal produce, breads, condiments, and baking supplies. The deli offers a variety of sandwiches, prepared meals, salads and sides to go.
Full Time position, hiring immediately
$20-25/hour plus commission